Candidates should appear on the ballot if:

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Polled and Depressed

Entry for October 11, 2007

A few minutes ago I received an automated telephone poll from the
Rassmussen organization. After answering the usual demographic
questions, age, sex, political affiliation, etc., I was given three
choices for parties, of course: D, R, or OTHER!

I answered Other, of course. I wonder if I could organize the Other
Party, they're in all the polls! Wouldn't it be nice to be the Other
National Chairman? A spokesperson for the Others, what prestige!
Almost enough to make one feel Other-worldly.

I was asked which group I thought would have the biggest effect on the outcome of the 2008 Presidential election: 1) African-Americans, 2) Hispanics, 3) Gays, 4) Evangelical Christians 5) I don't know.

I answered 5. I don't know (and I don't care).

Then I was asked if I had to chose, would watch a Presidential debate
or the World Series?

I answered World Series.

Then I was asked how often I watched major league baseball?

I answered seldom. (I can watch a debate when I want online. Why shouldn't I watch the World Series to avoid the terrible counter-programming.)

"Thank you and Good-bye."

I was also asked the standard question about which track the country
was on: right or wrong.

No option for "off-the-track".

I was asked about withdrawing American troops from Iraq.

I answered immediately - immediately.

These were the salient questions.

I've been polled before (not counting online Zogby or Harris), at least
once before. I'm still not impressed.

BTW, I think there was a target demographic for this poll: The likely
voter in the Republican Presidential primary in Oklahoma. Or, perhaps, an undisclosed 'Independent' or 'Other' candidate.

No comments: